Editorial Staff
8 months ago

Editorial Staff
8 months ago

Alleged Carlisle Bay shooter gets bail in the High Court

By Zaya Williams

After a more than two months on remand, a man accused of shooting two employees of the Carlisle Bay resort has been released under certain conditions outlined by a High Court Judge.

Frederick Henry who is charged with attempted murder, shooting with intent to murder, unlawful possession of a firearm and possession of four rounds of ammunition, received a $20,000 bond from Justice Colin Williams earlier this week.

Henry is alleged to have shot and injured two Carlisle Bay Employees around 11:30 pm last on April 11.

Thirty-three-year-old Dean Anthony and 32-year-old Morissa Henry were shot and seriously injured as they were walking to the hotel’s gate after finishing their shift

The man was reportedly shot at least twice, while the female is said to have sustained about three bullet wounds to both of her arms and her side.

It is said that the male victim managed to get to the hotel lobby to summon help.

Henry made his first appearance in the All Saints Magistrate’s Court that same month but since Magistrates done not have jurisdiction to grant bail for such offences he was remanded to prison.

His attorney Wendel Robinson then applied for bail in the High Court.

The Judge told the man that for him to get out of prison on bail he would have to abide by a 10pm curfew, relocate from Golden Grove, stay at least 25 ft away from the complainants if they happen to be in the same space and report to a police station once a week.

He was also warned that if he has any contact with potential witnesses and the complainants or travels without permission from the court, his bail will be revoked

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.