One of the men who received electric shocks at the Port Authority last Saturday has died.
His name is Leandro Payano, and he was 25 years old.
He died at a burn center in Santo Domingo after undergoing emergency surgery there.
Payano, from Martins Village, had to be placed on a ventilator due to the gravity of his condition.
He was later airlifted to his home country, Santo Domingo, for further medical attention. His family had taken to social media, pleading for blood as his condition had worsened.
He died a little after 7 o’clock last night.
Meanwhile, his companion Edgar Benjamin Alcantara (32) of Tindale Road remains hospitalized.
They both suffered severe third and fourth-degree burns, as well as other injuries
The accident occurred as the men moved a multi-layered scaffold, towering at approximately 40 feet.
Tragically, the scaffold rolled off the building and collided with high-tension APUA wires, resulting in a devastating electrocution.
The Hispanic community has taken to social media, expressing sadness over his loss.
They were especially sympathetic to his mother, Roselin, and the rest of his family.