Parham family home gutted by fire

Editorial Staff


Officials of the Fire Department say they are still uncertain what caused a fire at the home of Claudette Willock in Parham on Saturday that destroyed her property.

Lester Bagot of the Fire Department said in a report Sunday night that when his men arrived at the scene, the house was engulfed by fire.

The All-Saints Fire Station responded to the fire at around 9:50 a.m.

“On arrival, the crew met a wooden and galvanize structure size 18 by 29 feet fully engulfed by the fire with the front already collapsed. Water was used from the fire tender to control and extinguish the fire” Bagot said.

The house was destroyed along with its contents including passports and other important documents.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.