Two earthquakes were recorded in the Eastern Caribbean yesterday afternoon and last night.
According to the UWI Seismic Research Centre a 3.5 magnitude earthquake occurred on Friday night around 11.27 pm at a depth of 16 km.
According to the Automatic Earthquake Location from the UWI Seismic Research Center, the quake struck:
- Castries, Saint Lucia, 85 km, SE
- Bridgetown, Barbados, 98 km, NW
- Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, 107 km, NE
Meanwhile, another earthquake was recorded earlier on Friday afternoon.
A magnitude 3.8 earthquake occurred around 4:19 pm (local time) at a depth of 41 km.
According to the Automatic Earthquake Location from the UWI Seismic Research Center, that quake struck:
- Saint John’s, Antigua and Barbuda, 255 km, NE
- Point-à-Pitre, Guadeloupe, 282 km, NE
- Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, 340 km, ENE