The government has committed to meeting the medical expenses of an employee of the Burma Quarry who received severe burns on his body following an explosion last week
A report on the condition of the man was presented to the Cabinet on Wednesday.
He is still recovering and will likely be hospitalized for a while, according to notes from the Cabinet Thursday.
The Cabinet said it also received assurances from the Ministry of Health that it will provide Emergency Medical Services onsite whenever blasts are planned in the future.
According to reports, the man was injured when attempts were made to remove remnants of used, explosive materials that were being stored in a cooler.
The man received burns to his face arm, and legs.
Reports further suggest that his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
Within the several weeks, there have been three different types of accidents involving people within the department according to the management.
The other two accidents involved a worker being trapped on a conveyer belt and in the third case a worker received an electrical shock.
The department’s management said the recent mishaps are a cause for concern.