Deepak Ramdeen, a 29-year-old from Guyana was electrocuted while mounting a metal Christmas tree to the front of a building.
Ramdeen died hours later, according to sources from Guyana.
The man from Good Hope, East of Demerara was installing a 27-foot tree when the dreadful incident occurred.
Ramdeen was not alone. He was accompanied by three other men and according to the owner of the house, they were using a crane attached to a truck operated to mount the tree when the tip of the star which was on the tree came into contact with an overhead live wire.
All of the men received electrical shocks to their bodies and were rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC).
Ramdeen died while receiving treatment.
The three other men remain patients of the Burn Care Unit of the hospital.
Investigations are ongoing.