
By Aabigayle McIntosh
Prime Minister Gaston Browne has given his nod of approval to developments on the Barbuda Ocean Club Project which is pegged to position the sister isle within the tourism market.
The development includes 900 acres of the Palmetto and Coco Points on Barbuda and already boasts several holes of an 18-hole Tom Fazio Gold Course.
It is owned and operated by the Discovery Land Company otherwise called the PLH Barbuda Limited.
“I am extremely satisfied this is a great story of resilience in which a country that was decimated by Hurricane Irma in 2017 has actually bounced forward to become one of the most luxury destinations in the Caribbean,” Browne said.
He toured the facilities on Friday leading a delegation that included Barbuda Affairs Minister EP Chet Greene, and Housing Minister Maria Browne.
PM Browne also stated that despite the many legal wranglings he is of the strong belief that the project is sound and will reap many benefits for Antigua and Barbuda.
“The PLH Coco Point Development is almost fully built out, probably about 50 percent fully built out with a number of luxury homes, villas, and apartments, and my understanding is this Christmas they will be hosting about 200 high network individuals.
“You can imagine the spend and the ABST that we will earn the other taxes including airport taxes. So, it shows that our vision to transform Barbuda into a luxury destination, one that is green and organic is definitely working,”
The nation’s leader also hinted that another project is on the horizon for the island.
“Within the next seven to 10 days there will be an announcement of yet another luxury resort on Barbuda. So, we are tracking investments and so far, we have five, or four luxury resorts which means residents on Barbuda can earn a premium compared to their counterparts, Browne said.






0 Comments